- Download PDF__
- Deadline closed
Paco Poyato. Pugilato
AÚPA! BlankPaper Grant for Photographic Projects Deadline closed
Working in any photographic project?Submit your project for AÚPA! BlankPaper Grant for photographic projects (5000€). We are searching for new talented photographers, and above all, passionate and creative people willing to work hard. We will finance and supervise your photographic project for 8 months and at the end, we will produce a solo exhibition to present your final work with maximum exposure.
The solo exhibition will be produced by Studio Yagüe and will be showed in BlankPaper Madrid and other venues to be confirmed.
The call is open to all emerging photographers of any nationality, with no age limit, living in Spain or abroad. *
Deadline extended until March, 20th 2012.
The decision will be announced on March 30th, 2012. The jury will be composed by Alejandro Castellote (Independent Commissioner), José Manuel Suarez (Dalpine director, Independent & Self-Published Books), Julián Barón (Photographer) and Fosi Vegue (Photographer).
Go for it!
Terms and Conditions__
1 Aid package / Endowment
- A single Grant of 5,000 € for the realization of a photographic project. This grant is subject to IRPF (income tax) and other taxes according to the current legislation.
- Monitoring and mentoring of the project by members of the BlankPaper Collective.
- Production of an exhibition /exhibitat BlankPaper-Madrid, Blankpaper-Valencia and other venues to be confirmed.
2 Deadlines / Calendar of the call
• Deadline extended until march, 20th
• winner will be announced on March 30th, 2012.
• The winner will start to develop the Project in March 2012 under Blankpaper's guidance.
• There will be an exhibition showing the completed work in November 2012.
3 Conditions to be admitted
- Participation in the call is subject to a 20 € rate in material management fees. This fee shall be paid by credit card via BlankPaper´s website.
- Applications must be submitted before 11:59 pm (GMT+1 spanish time) on March 20th, 2012.Those applications received after the deadline shall not be taken into account.
- 18 years old is the minimum age required to participate.
- One project per participant only.
- No work shall be presented that have been awarded in other contests or been subject of an exhibition.
- Submissions that do not meet the below mentioned requirements shall not be taken into account.
Every project and submission form should be submitted online at the following address: www.blankpaper.es/escuela/madrid/aupa/. No se admite obra en papel ni otra forma de envío.
No Project will be permitted on paper or any other form otherthan email.
The application should include:
- The registration form provided on the web, properly completed accepting terms and conditions.
- A detailed report of the project in a maximum of 4,000 characters with spaces including a brief summary of less than 600 characters with spaces, planning and indicative budget not exceeding the grant.
- A brief resume that does not exceed 1,000 characters with spaces.
- ID card or residence permit.
- BlankPaperwill assess the applicant's ability to proposean innovative photography projectregardless of its technicality or nature.
The applicant may submit abody of work in case already begun or previous worksin order to define the aspirant´s background. In any case only a single project may be submitted per participant.
5 Submission forms
- Image files should be uploaded to a server at the address:www.blankpaper.es/escuela/madrid/aupa/
- A Maximum of 20 images of the same body of work should be submitted.
- JPG format at 8 bits and 8 compression qualityin Photoshop
- A Maximum of 800 pixels on the long side and 72 pixels of resolution
- Under no circumstances should the files exceed 200 KB.
The jury will be composed by Alejandro Castellote (Independent Commissioner), José Manuel Suarez (Dalpine director, Independent & Self-Published Books), Julián Barón (Photographer) and Fosi Vegue (Photographer).
The jury's decision is to be final and in no case shall the jury be on the obligation to explain its decisions or provide any information on the election process.
The final decision of the Grant shall becommunicated by telephone to the winner and will be published on Blankpaper´s website.
7 Winner commitments to AUPA!
Details regarding the payment of the aid will be confirmed after making the decision public in the agreement signed between BlankPaper and the winner.
* The winner of the Grant is committed to respect the deadlines and the guidance program established by the collective whether resident in Spain or not.Likewise, the winner also agrees to give up two pieces produced for the exhibition. These will become part of Blankpaper'sPhotography Collection. These pieces will be disseminated within the samples thatBlankPapermay exhibit in subsequent years
8 Questions and contact
• Questions and queriesregarding the contest shall be submittedvia email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Final decision
• The organizers have the right to suspend, modify or extend the contest for reasons beyond their control.
• The organizers have the right to cancel the competition without selecting a winner and will not require any further explanation.
• Participants who do not meet the requirements specified above or providing false information will be automatically excluded from participation in the contest.
• Submission to this call confirms the acceptance of the terms and conditions aforementioned.